Thursday, February 10, 2011

Found this draft written by me on 2008 Aug 7, for my "teach-my-child" blog. Couldn't help chuckling. It's true. Once we pass the age of 40 (or perhaps 10, 20, 30, 50, 70 too?), we slowly evolve. The caterpillar turning into a butterfly, then lay eggs, hatch into caterpillars, evolve into butterflies again, and again. Life is amazing. My current stage? At ease, at peace. Most of the time. Especially when asleep ;-)

Well, here's the "masterpiece" which I didn't complete & don't intend to now. It's a snapshot of my thoughts at that point in time.

Title: Why I Want To Teach My Child

The reasons are obvious.

Main reason being a love for this child & a responsibility to nurture him into an upright person who will not only survive in this world, but able to make contributions to it as well.

And not only for him to enjoy harmonious relationships with his family, but also to be able to interact with his elders & peers, relatives & friends, and be in harmony with this world, whether himself, other humans or nature.

In short, I want to provide him with the opportunity & means to do the above, so that he can live an honorable & memorable life.

Next comes the question of what I should teach him, and how to go about doing it.

No comments: